How do I programme a CBI QAT-TRDM Electronic Time Switch?
- The bypass function will either switch load ON or OFF until you exit this function.
- ON - the load will be on at all times and will not be switched according to the program.
- OFF - the load will be off at all times.
- While bypass mode is ON you will not be able to set the time or use the function operation, only ON / OFF buttons will work.
- A picture of a two-prong plug with a line through indicates that no power connected to the device.
- When doing the programming, the OFF button will ensure that the load is OFF for your selected times and ON will ensure that the load is ON during the times you press the ON button.
- In case of a power failure, the backup-time should stay displayed for at least 12 hours and keep time for 24 hours, before it would be necessary to set it again. The programme schedule is always retained.
- To reset the device, go to the function screen then hold the OFF-button until the cursor around the clock back to 00:00. Hold the OFF button until the cursor has run through the whole 24-hour cycle.
- The QAT-TRDM is a sealed unit and cannot be repaired, it must be replaced
- Backup function is done via a super cap and not a battery. The capacitor cannot be replaced.
- The timer has a black clip on the face which if removed will fit in a DIN rail board with an escutcheon of 45 mm. With the black clip on the timer has a 57 mm escutcheon.
- For higher loads, you can add a contactor to switch, which will extend the life of timer.
- Contactor, as mentioned above, is only available in 230 V setup.
- This timer will not be suitable for a school bell.
- The Timer with buttons has been discontinued – it is no longer available
More information: https://cbi-lowvoltage.co.za/content/auxiliary-products