This position reports to: Heads of Engineering
CBI is a vertically integrated engineering design and manufacturing company, producing circuit breakers and innovation in smart grid systems. This program is designed to give you exposure to all the facets of engineering in design, innovation and manufacturing & business. After completing the two-year program, candidates will have gained invaluable theoretical and practical experience that will set them on an accelerated career path. During your time at CBI, you will rotate through the various departments and divisions within CBI.
The schedule will be tailored to the individual’s field of engineering:
- Design Engineering (mechanical and electronic product design projects)
- Process Engineering (process optimization, automation and product design industrialisation)
- Software Engineering (software, embedded firmware, IoT, networks)
- Test Engineering (test equipment and automation)
- Quality Engineering (fault finding, root cause analysis, statistical process control)
Other areas of exposure include:
- Tool design and manufacturing
- Local (SABS) and international (IEC, UL, etc.) standards and product certification
- Customer applications engineering
- Shop floors processes: Moulding, Press tools, Turning, electronics assembly to name a few
- Mass production assembly lines
- BEng or BSc in Engineering in a relevant discipline (Mechanical, Electronic, Mechatronic)
- Passion for innovation and design
- Self-starter and autonomy
- Post-graduate study in a related field.
Should you be interested, please submit your application to Chantal Gordon (011 928 2383) or via email on Jobs@cbi-electric.com on or before 22 June 2022.
"Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date, please take it that your application has not been successful".