Effective Date: 2020-01-01
- CBI Home Mobile Application
For other branded mobile applications powered by CBI, our clients control all the Personal Data collected through our App. We collect the information under the direction of our Clients and the processing of such information shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which our Clients has engaged us. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly.
What Personal Data do we collect?
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide necessary Personal Data that is required to provide those services. If you do not provide your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with our App or services.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide Us
- Account or Profile Data: When you register an account with us, we may collect your name and contact details, such as your email address, phone number, user name, and login credentials. During your interaction with our App, we may further collect your nickname, profile picture, country code, language preference or time zone information into your account.
- Feedback: When using feedback and suggestion features in our App, we will collect your email address, mobile phone number and your feedback content to address your problems and solve device failures on a timely basis.
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Device Information: When you interact with our Product, we collect device information, such as the MAC address of your devices, IP address, wireless connection information, operating system type and version, App version number, push notification identifier, log files, and mobile network information.
- Usage Data: During your interaction with our services, we collect usage data relating to visits, clicks, downloads and messages sent/received.
- Log Information: When you use our App, the system and exception log may be uploaded.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your real-time precise or non-precise geo-location when you use our App or services.
- Smart Devices Related Information:
- Basic Information of Smart Devices: When you connect your Smart Devices with our App or services, we may collect basic information about your Smart Devices such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version, and upgrade information.
- Information Reported by Smart Devices: Depending on the different Smart Devices you elect to connect with our App or services, we may collect different information reported by your Smart Devices.
Purposes and legal basis for processing Personal Data
The purpose for which we may process information about you are as follows:
- Provide You Services: We process your account and profile data, device information, usage data, location information, and Smart Device related information to provide you with our App and services that you have requested or purchased. The legal basis for this processing is to perform our contract with you according to our Software License and User Agreement (“SLUA”).
- Improve Our Services: We process your device information, usage data, location information and Smart Device related information to ensure the functions and safety of our App, to develop and improve our App and services, to analyze the efficiency of our operations, and to prevent and trace fraudulent or inappropriate usage. The legal basis for this processing is to perform our contract with you according to our SLUA.
- Non-marketing Communication: We process your Personal Data to send you important information regarding the services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications. The legal basis for this processing is to perform our contract with you according to our SLUA.
- Marketing Communication: We may process your Personal Data to provide marketing and promotional materials to you on our App and services. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to opt-out of receiving future communications of that nature. The legal basis for this processing is your consent. Additionally, if you consent to participate in our promotions, we may use your Personal Data to manage such activities.
- Personalization: We may process your account and profile data, usage data, device information to personalize product design and to provide you with services tailored for you, such as recommending and displaying information and advertisements regarding products suited to you, and to invite you to participate in surveys relating to your use of our App. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- Legal Compliance: We may process your Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Who do we share Personal Data with?
At CBI, we only share Personal Data in ways that we tell you about. We may share your Personal Data with the following recipients:
- To our third-party service providers who perform certain business-related functions for us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure provision, information technology services, customer support service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services to us.
- To our customers and other business partners who provide you, directly or indirectly, with your Smart Devices, and/or networks and systems through which you access and use our services.
- To an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your Personal Data, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To subsidiaries or affiliates within our corporate family, to carry out regular business activities.
Except for the third parties described above, to third parties only with your consent.
International Transfer of Information Collected
To facilitate our operation, we may transfer, store and process your Personal Data in jurisdictions other than where you live. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence. When we do so, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is provided for the information by using one or more of the following approaches:
- an agreement on the basis of approved EU standard contractual clauses per GDPR Art. 46. For more information, see here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en.
Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Data
We respect your rights and control over your Personal Data. You may exercise your rights:
- Via the “Profile – Personal Center” in our mobile application to de-activate your account
- By emailing us at email@example.com.
You do not have to pay a fee and we will aim to respond within 30 days. If you decide to email us, in your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data deleted from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request, for security purposes.
- Request access to the Personal Data that our business partner process about you;
- Request that our business partner correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data about you;
- Request deletion of Personal Data about you;
- Request restrictions, temporarily or permanently, on our processing of some or all Personal Data about you;
- Request transfer of Personal Data to you or a third party where we process the data based on your consent or a contract with you, and where our processing is automated; and
- Opt-out or object to our use of Personal Data about you, where our use is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
Our business partner use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data. Our business partner provides various security strategies to effectively ensure data security of user and device. As for device access, our business partner’s proprietary algorithms are employed to ensure data isolation, access authentication, and applying for authorization. As for data communication, communication using security algorithms and transmission encryption protocols and commercial level information encryption transmission based on dynamic keys are supported. As for data processing, strict data filtering and validation and complete data audit are applied. As for data storage, all confidential information of users will be safely encrypted for storage. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you could immediately notify us of the problem by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circuit Breaker Industries (Pty) Ltd, t/a CBI-Electric: Low Voltage, Private Bag 2016, Isando, 1600, Tripswitch Drive, Elandsfontein, Gauteng, Republic of South Africa.